Over the weekend I got chromium building and linking on FreeBSD. It doesn’t run for long, but this seems like a major milestone! I also got commit and submitted the first round of patches, by the way.
However, I discovered in the process that I wasn’t building with debugging info. Now that I am, I can’t link on my FreeBSD machine, because
ld runs out of RAM. If someone out there has a nice big (and fast would be nice, it takes a really long time to build) box that I could ssh or, even better, VNC or NX into, now’s the time to let me know! Mine is dying with a dataseg limit of 716800 – which I could increase, I guess, but its a pretty old box, so probably not by much before I get into thrashing…
Anyway, for anyone who wants to try, the primary patch is here:
There are a couple of other patches referenced there (for V8 and WebCore – they’re tiny so I hope I can push them upstream soon), and you still need to build as specified here.